Saturday, October 12, 2013





So I've decided I need a new challenge. I've been collecting cookbooks from everywhere I've been, including some very strange ones left to me by my Mom, around 150 books. Some of these include Microwave cookbooks from the 80's, books from culinary school, some fabulous finds from thrift stores (from my Mother In-Law) and heaps of others that I've picked up along the way (maybe a few impulse buys from Amazon.com) and the collection is ALWAYS growing. Here's the challenge: At least 1 cookbook selected at random, and one recipe from said book selected at random from that book per week. I am not allowed to skip over or re-choose if I don't like the looks of it. I realize there will be some challenges sourcing ingredients given that I am in the middle of Oz, but I am resourceful and will work that out. Don't worry I won't be the only one tasting these creations, my hubby Steve as well as neighbours, friends & co-workers will be subject to taste testing. Pictures too!! So here goes the fun.

The challenge starts tomorrow and the first book is....

"Delilah's Everyday Soul" Southern Cooking with Style
by Delilah Winder

And the recipe is...
Red Beans & Rice

So here's where the real challenge comes in. I am for the most part a "Southern Girl". I know how to make "Red Beans & Rice", at least the way I like it, and the way my Chef training has taught me to make it. So now I'm going to follow this recipe to the letter, and do it the way "Delilah" says....
Stay tuned!


1 comment:

  1. I like the challenge ! Wish i could taste the food but i will settle for pictures! Good luck !

    ReplyDelete